Pages

Friday 18 September 2020

Aroha, From despair to Relief

"Ever wonder why your parents give you such an unique name, when your such a broken human being?" no? guess it's just me.. as always


Although I was surrounded by friends & family, I still felt a gap in my dying heart. A few sad moments later I couldn't take it anymore, I got up & ran. No longer could I take the joy of others when I can't even take my own. I sat down cuddling my trembling legs. Thoughts came running round my mind "No one will ever understand my pain" 

Hours have passed as I fearfully run in an endless loop from thoughts that appear in my mind.
"You okay?" is  the word that I hear echo across the race track. I slowly look up, expecting it to be just a hallucination, but I was mistaken. I saw a complete stranger, lending her hand... to me???

After years of finding myself, I never would've thought that I'd find an actual being that's just like me. We both sat down on the sun-shining sand, sharing laughs & tears together. Having someone beside me made me realise, in dark moments you face. The only bright side you need is yourself. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.