Pages

Wednesday 13 December 2017

Pukeko-By Summer


Pukeko-https://nzmaths.co.nz/sites/default/files/HidingintheSwamp.pdf

L.I-we are learning to solve problems using multiplication and division.
Success Criteria:I know I am successful when I can show my strategy to solve math problems using multiplication and division.

There’s a swamp near Arnold’s home where Pukeko look for food. Show how you work out your answers to the questions below.

1-How many eyes are there if six pùkeko are at the swamp?

=12
I know Its 12 because 6 x 2 = 12, or 6 + 6= 12

2-How many eyes and legs are there if there are: 


a. 4 pùkeko at the swamp? 

=8 legs and 8 eyes
I know it is 8 because 4  x 2 = 8 

b. 12 pùkeko at the swamp?

=24 eyes and 24 legs
I know its 24 because 12 x 2 = 24 

3-How many pukeko are at the swamp if there are:
a.10 eyes
=5 
I know its  5 because 10 divided by 2 = 5
b. 18 eyes?
=9
I know it is 9 because 18 divided by 2 = 9

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Summer, my name is Billy and I am from the Summer Learning Journey. I look forward to blogging with you!

    I like this maths, it is cool how you have taken a real situation and learnt maths from it. Multiplication is never easy so keep up the good work!

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.